Thursday 9 February 2012

Properly pregnant now!


I’m 17 weeks pregnant today and my personalised ticker said that the baby is the size of an onion! Last week it was the size of an avocado which my partner liked because he loves avocados!

A couple of weeks ago, I started noticing that my skin was getting very dry in my hands but I chose to ignore this thinking that it’s probably happening because of the cold weather outside. Now it is really bad, very itchy and all I want is to scratch it all the time! My partner gives me hand rubs which are very nice and calming but I can’t have him with me all the time!

I did ask the midwife about it and she said that it is a very common pregnancy symptom which is caused by an increase in oestrogen levels. You can find more information about this here http://www.babycenter.com/0_itchy-skin-during-pregnancy_9450.bc

She recommended a few non-fragranced moisturisers based on oatmeal! You can get this in any supermarket but she said they are a bit expensive so she suggested I have more oil in my diet (she is very old school, bless her!).

Luckily for me, I had a Godsend friend today visiting the shop who just gave me lots and lots of beauty products including a great hand cream! I am now using it and it is perfect! I also had a little toy and baby blanket from her so she knows how to keep mummy and baby happy at the same time!

Also, last weekend another friend told me that she thought she got away with having stretch marks when pregnant but her husband told her that she had them under her belly so she couldn’t see them!

Obviously, the next day I was looking at my belly in front of a mirror to check for stretch marks and instead I’ve found a dark line running from my pelvic area to my belly bottom. I went downstairs and showed it to my partner very proudly. It is not very dark at the moment but I’ve got very excited because I did read about having the ‘linea nigra’ before and I always thought that you are properly pregnant if you have it, if you know what I mean... If you want to know more about this, there are plenty of websites to be found, one of them is http://www.babyzone.com/askanexpert/linea-negra/

These latest two symptoms are making me feel more pregnant nowadays, apart from the growing bump, of course! I am still waiting to feel the baby moving so I am happy with anything at the moment! Lol I’d be interested in knowing what your big milestone moments were during your pregnancy? Let me know, please.




funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment